Saturday, May 6 - 10:00am - 12:00pm
Turf Workshop - 12:30pm - 1:45pm
with the Maryland SoccerPlex, National Arboretum and the National Turfgrass Federation as we formally open this educational
exhibit on the SoccerPlex grounds based off of the larger GrassRoots exhibit at the National Arboretum.
· Q & A Session
· Self-guided tour through the exhibit
Did You Know?
· One single grass plant can have 387 miles of roots and then may grow as deep as 7 feet below the soil surface.
· Unlike the leaves of most plants, grass leaves grow from the bottom up.
· Of the top five food crops—sugar cane, corn, wheat, rice and potatoes—four are grasses.
· Do you struggle to maintain your lawn? In the future homeowners may grow more regionally adapted species in their lawns
to overcome some of the challenging conditions.
· Watering grass at a low rate over a long period of time allows water to soak in rather than run off.
This is just a preview of the many things you’ll learn at the GrassRoots exhibit at the Maryland SoccerPlex.
We hope to see you there!